How do you like your daily dose of coconut oil?
Coconut oil is an absolute staple in my house. I use it in most of my cooking and baking, as a supplement, nourishment for my hair and skin and for oil pulling.
This superfood has a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties. I try and consume 2-4 tbs of coconut oil each day. While Im happy to take it by the tablespoon, many will cringe at the thought. I have put together a list of delicious ways as to how you can enjoy your daily dose of coconut oil and allow your body to reap its benefits.
– Blend through smoothies
– Mix through your morning porridge
– Add to your hot cocao, tea or coffee
– Use to fry or bake with
– Make homemade chocolate
– Through a soup
– Add to your main meals- pasta, rice, lentils, bolognese
– Melt over steamed veggies
– Use as a base to make slices and baked treats (my fav)
– Melt with cocao powder and a natural sweetener for a healthy chocolate sauce or with vanilla extract and coconut sugar for a caramel like sauce
– Use as part of a dressing
– Spread it on your toast
– Make your own marinades, sauces and mayonnaise
– Mix through your yogurt
How do you like to enjoy your daily dose of coconut oil?